Sunday, January 11, 2009

New start

Since I'm moving my blog for the... fourth time (at least) and it's a new year... I figured this would be a good jumping off point.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Lets see... lived with someone I was dating, got engaged. Those are the biggies.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any last year. This year I am making some. I'm still working on them though, so you'll have to wait and see :-)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. I never leave the country. I did visit Georgia, a place I've never been outside of the airport before.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More self control about overeating and more dedication to exercise.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my promotion.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining a ton of weight and going up 3 sizes. Well, some that may have started in 2007 but it continued.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness yes. Some of that connected to the weight gain above. No injuries, although I did accidentally injure Bill's eye.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm not really sure. I've really cut down on shopping. I got a new suitcase, that was badly needed and a kickass color. I can spot it from miles away in the baggage claim.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Bill's unending patience. Especially when having to deal with my mother.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A woman I work with.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Food.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My promotion. The engagement.

15. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Silver Lining, Rilo Kiley

16. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Fatter and Richer. Two out of three ain't so bad.

17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Less television watching, couch potatoing. I wish I spent more time outdoors.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
School. I pushed myself too hard this year, I need to realize that it's okay to take longer to finish. We have to enjoy ourselves too.

19. How did you spend Christmas?
Until Christmas eve, with my future in-laws. Christmas with my mom. We saw Marley and Me (I cried) and ate spaghetti.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
House.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I generally don't hate anyone.

23. What was the best book you read?
I found a great new writer (to me) this year. So anything by Jodi Picoult.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't really discover much new music. I listen to a lot less music then I used to, I noticed that.

25. What did you want and get?
I got a Wii for my birthday, and a Wii Fit after months of looking.

26. What did you want and not get?
A puppy ;-) That will be true for awhile though, a puppy makes no sense right now.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. I went to Vegas for an early joint bday party. Then Bill threw me a surprise party with Lindsey's decorative help.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my job miraculously became at least half telecommuting. So I'd have more flexibility with my work hours and could go to the beach longer in the summer.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Anything that zips/buttons and doesn't make me look fat or pregnant. Generally this meant sweats/yoga pants all the time except for work.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Britney Spears. All of her actions have been mesmerizing. Some in not a good way, others lately in a much better way.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
This is definitely not a year when one could not be stirred. Any story about older black people who used to be punished for trying to vote who lived long enough to vote for a black man. How much energy and passion was stirred within the young voters, who notoriously do not care. The image of Jesse Jackson with tears running down his face during Obama's victory speech.

33. Who did you miss?
My aunt. I always miss her.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Take more time to enjoy yourself and the relationships around you. Also, to get off of the damn computer.

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Not to be a broken record, but from Silver Lining by Rilo Kiley.

And i was your silver lining
As the story goes
I was your silver lining
But now I'm gold

0 comments:

Post a Comment