Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

I'm rather ambivalent on the whole Valentine's Day thing. I mean I don't hate it... I take any excuse to eat themed candy, but I really don't get the significance of it either. Why does it take one special day out of an entire year for someone to show how much they really do love the one they are with? Quite frankly, I'll take this- two mornings ago Bill ran to 7-11 before I woke up and once he got there realized that he forgot his wallet. So he was faced with the change he had in his car and the choice to get me a donut for breakfast or a soda for himself (and let me tell you, this man loves soda like no one else). He got the donut.- over a dozen roses on a specified day anytime.

But then again... I'm allergic to roses so I wouldn't want them anytime anyway. And I hate those chocolates with fillings because 99% of them are nasty and end up half bitten and in my trash while I swoosh my mouth with something, anything to get the taste out of my mouth.

However, I don't hate it either. I've spent a lot of years single and a lot of years in dysfunctional relationships where for all I knew the guy was out with someone else that night while I sat on my couch with my cats. My best friend and I go to the melting pot every year for our own Valentine's Day celebration (never on the actual day cause restaurants suck on the actual day) and that's more than enough for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment