Friday, July 10, 2009

7.10.09

For many Americans, health cover is key to a job.

This story is such a nonstory, of course Americans have jobs they don't want and don't like just for the health care. That has been my story since the moment I got out of college. My dream life has always been having two part time jobs instead of a full time one so that I could do something different every day (I'm just not someone who excels at doing the same thing day in and day out), but that doesn't give you health insurance so that was not an option. I also know people who wanted to take jobs as preschool teachers, day care providers, etc- jobs that are very much needed and they would have been great, college educated and better then most of the options out there- but those jobs don't provide health insurance. It's quite a sad state of affairs and I can't help but think that we are losing out on some people's unique skill sets in this society because they are wasting their days at office jobs just for the benefits.

In other news, Lizzy is being horrible. I mean horrible even for her, which par for the course is already a high bar of bad behavior. She starts anxiously crying for food within a half hour of getting fed, like she'll never be fed again; she cries loudly for hours on end without stopping, she has started waking up in the middle of the night and waking me up in the middle of the night; she's started being really mean to Lea- hissing, smacking and pushing. We are at our wits end. The current plan is to rule out anything medically wrong with her, then try anti-anxiety meds, and if those don't work sending her to my mom's for a bit to see if she's calmer there. My mom and I have a hunch that it's Bill. Lizzy has never particularly liked men and maybe she's just reached her breaking point of thinking he'll disappear. Or she's demented. Either one is really just as likely.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment