Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 2



1. What gift are you most proud of giving?

I am the worst gift giver in the entire world. Seriously. If there were a gold medal in bad gift giving, I would win it consistently every single year. The only possible way you will get a decent gift from me is if you specifically tell me what you want, otherwise who knows what on earth you'll get.

2. What’s the best gift you ever received?

My engagement ring. I don't think there's much that tops that one purely due to the significance of it. Plus the one I got was my Mother-in-Law's which held even more significance to me because it meant that she approved and that was important to me.

3. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?

My doctor has informed me that I am a bone density freak of nature. I went in for xrays after a snowboarding debacle that hurt my wrist and he informed me that my body weight falling (even repeatedly) straight onto my wrist would never break it. In fact, someone could probably take a hammer to my arm or leg and not even crack the bone. This is all a round about way of saying I don't actually get injured, no broken bones no stitches.

However, I get horrible migraines and all of mine last the maximum 72 hours. Around the beginning of Day 3 I actually start contemplating cutting off my head with a dull object because it would have to hurt less then my migraine does- so those win, hands down.

4. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. Who’s 15 minutes has gone on far too long? (The Gosselins are not acceptable answers, be more creative.)

Spencer and Heidi Pratt- and for that matter all of those "The Hills/Laguna Beach" people. I'm not quite sure why we are supposed to care about them. At least Paris Hilton has the interest factor of being raised with richer parents then most of us could ever dream of. They have nothing, at all, interesting about them.

5. You have 20 minutes and $1000. What do you buy?

This question baffles me and I don't quite know why. Normally I'd say clothes, shoes, purses but our closets are stuffed to the gills so the rule put in place when we moved in was bring something in/toss something out. I would love a new, bigger bed but we don't have room right now. I want some new appliances but it's not our house. I really don't need or want anything. That's such a weird feeling...


6. Tell me three blogs that I need to read.

The Daily Coyote - Always updated with a cute picture first thing in the morning so it's the first thing I see when I get on the computer. Not a bad start to the day ;-)

What I Wore - Just discovered this awhile back. As someone who is outfit-impaired and who looks like she got dressed in the dark half the time, I am strangely obsessed with people who actually have style.

Small Treasures - Kristen and her adorable daughters never fail to make me smile.

7. Would you rather go without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?

Pizza. I don't really like it, I only eat it because my husband loves it (though he has gotten in the habit of only ordering it when I go out to dinner with my girlfriends and he's home by himself; I can't decide if it's because he knows it's not my favorite or if it's because he prefers my cooking when I'm there. I'd like to think it's the latter ;-) ) Before I met him I hadn't eaten pizza in probably 10 years. However, I LOVE ice cream. Love it.

8. Would you rather go to a beach or a snowy mountain?

Beach. I could go to the beach an infinite number of times a year and never get tired of it, however I could only go to a snowy mountain a couple of times for very short period of times because after awhile skiing and other winter sports aren't fun enough to make up for the cold and dampness.

9. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

Night owl. Mornings and I do not get along. True story- when my mom was pregnant with me she'd have to go get her ultrasounds done in the middle of the night because I'd sleep all day worrying the doctors because they could not get me to budge. She was high risk, so they were willing to accommodate her. Around midnight I was a moving, kicking champion.

10. What word do you always misspell?

Committee. I'm not even sure if that's spelled right. The right spelling always looks wrong to me and there's just too many repeated letters. It's confusing.

Read more here.

1 comments:

rootsandrings said...

Crazy about your bones!!!

I'd like to think that the reason you don't like pizza is because you've never had a good one. A homemade one or one from a real Italian place. Give it a shot!

Post a Comment