Monday, November 16, 2009

Kim's Daybook for November 16th

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... a fall sunset and a lot of fallen leaves. Quite pretty, actually.

I am thinking... that my gums feel numb and achey :-( Boo to dentists!

I am thankful for... having the resources to feed our home and anyone who visits. I was reading in the Washington Post today about how the numbers of people who cannot do that on a regular basis is still increasing.

I am wearing... brown courderoys and a blue sweater.

I am remembering... the beautiful weather in Mexico.

I am going... to get started on my to do list for the evening shortly. I should probably get dinner started as well.

I am reading... Self magazine, November issue.

I am hoping... to get the wedding stuff sorted and the thank you notes done by the weekend.

On my mind... deciding whether to make dinner or just go for leftovers. I can't chew very well anyway.

Noticing that... I have very little energy tonight, I'm hoping for a second wind :-)

Pondering these words... "I like spring, but it is too young. I like summer, but it is too proud. So I like best of all autumn, because its tone is mellower, its colours are richer, and it is tinged with a little sorrow. Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and its content."

From the kitchen... chicken stuffed with cheese and mushrooms with rice and veggies. That's the plan for tonight anyway.

Around the house... it's still a lot messier then I would like.

One of my favorite things~ soft kitty fur curling up with me on the couch.

From my picture journal...



Wedding pic.

1 comments:

Pauline said...

Love your quote about Autumn - so true!
Have a great day!

Post a Comment