Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 3



1. What are some of your family traditions?
Aside from always going to church on Christmas Eve- usually a midnight candlelight service, we really don't have any. Any tradition that got started my mom would get tired of in a few years, she doesn't even put up a tree anymore for Christmas. I've made it a goal to start my own.

2. Do you know how to change a flat tire?
Yes, although I don't have a lifty thingy in my trunk so I'd still be SOL if I did get a flat tire. No, I don't know the official names to anything, but I know how to work them. That actually reflects the way I do most things.

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites? Fine Cooking, Better Homes and Gardens and Self. BHG and Self I got for free from various sources, and they are okay. BHG always reminds me of summers at my grandparents' houses because my step-grandmother had stacks of them in her living room and I'd read them all the time when I got bored. I think I would like BHG a lot more if I owned a house so actually put effort into decorating and all that and/or if I had kids- it would be more useful. I LOVE Fine Cooking, totally worth the money if you are at all interested in cooking.

I despise all of the "womens" magazines; Cosmo, Glamour, etc. Honestly, once you read them once you have essentially read every single issue. The only time I'll even look at them is at the nail place if I don't have anyone to talk to and I forgot a book or if I have to wait at the hair salon. Not that you asked, but I just thought I'd share. The funniest thing I've ever seen was on our flight to Cancun the whole plane was full of honeymooners so a few of the pairs had to be split up, Bill and I were split up. The female of the couple in my row was actually reading Cosmo outloud to her new husband and giggling. He was pretending to be interested. It took everything in me not to be like "honey, he does not care. Cosmo has nothing in it that he is one iota interested in."

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? (If you don’t share the love of office supplies with me or if you are male, you may skip this question.)
1) Post It Notes (and flags)
2) Highlighters and Multi Colored Pens
3) Expandable file folders. The one with 13 slots is so incredibly handy for organizing all your financial paperwork for the year (with an extra slot for taxes).

Who doesn't love office supplies?

5. Are you a good public speaker?
No. I mean, I'm passable if I have to be but I hate being looked at and being the center of attention so I tend to start talking really fast by the end. When I talk fast my "accent" of sorts comes out and becomes magnified. It's actually Utahian with a tinge of Southern, but most people just think it's Southern with a tinge of retard. (For those who don't know, Utah accents are almost comprised entirely of complete mispronunciations of words and letters- "i"s as "e"s, "aine" as "en" etc. Sorry Utah, but it's true.) So I'll start out speaking English and end speaking some weird compilation of English like sounds.

6. How do you feel about acronyms?
Where I work, everything we do has an acronym. Actually our company name itself is an acronym, that they took the meaning from a couple years back so now we are just 3 random letters that are supposed to stand for nothing. It makes more sense if you get the full explanation but I don't talk about where I work in detail online. Anyway, acronyms are so ingrained in my life that I don't even notice them anymore.

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? (Bloggers, feel free to include pictures!)
I did a lot of the decorations for my wedding myself (with the help of a fierce MIL with a glue gun who came a week early). I don't have pictures yet, but they'll be posted when they are.

8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than…
Ever, ever go out on a first date again. I hate dating. It isn't fun, I don't care what others say.

9. What company has the best advertising?
There's this financial company that has an ad with a little video game cute animal that's trying to cross over a stream of fire. Best ad ever. I laugh every single time I see it, and if I'm channel surfing and I see it I'll actually stop and watch it. Although, I can't remember what company it is so maybe it's not that effective...

I'm going to guess the most effective advertising is Geico. Everyone knows the Geico ads.

10. When is your birthday?
April. Only 5 months until I'm 30. Boo! Hiss!

Read more Ten on Tuesdays here.

1 comments:

rootsandrings said...

I agree about the chick magazines. They are all the same!

You totally should start a family tradition!

Post a Comment