Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 4



1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a school bus driver, after that- a vet. Even though Chelsea claims that all little girls want to be teachers at some point, I never did. Not even once. I've always liked animals more than people (especially more than children).

2. Name 3 of your irrational fears.
1. Guns, more specifically guns accidentally going off. This would not be a problem except I married a police officer. Who carries a gun. And keeps it in our house. Even though logically I know that official weapons are even less likely to accidentally go off (wouldn't want their officers to shoot themselves in the leg or anything) I still always turn the gun towards walls when it's sitting on top of dressers, bookcases, etc.
2. Getting fired. It is so extreme that I refuse to put anything personal in my office and I think of everything as a temporary stop. It's irrational because I've never been fired (laid off once because the owner was a butthead and overexpanded so much he couldn't afford to pay us), nor do I have any reason to think I'd be fired- never have received as much as an average performance evaluation. However, I always think I will.
3. Being attacked. This is so extreme that I flat out refuse to ever wear earphones, even on low, when walking by myself along a road or trail. Even if it's right next to a busy road. I also will walk in the street before passing a thickly wooded area at night... even if it's just dark because it's winter and it's only really 5:30. When Bill worked nights I was completely incapable of sleeping a full night because I sleep so lightly and think every noise I hear is someone breaking in to kill/rape me. I have no idea where this came from, but it's totally irrational. I know this, and I know that it's actually rather unlikely to be attacked (especially by a stranger) and yet still it remains.

3. If you had a $200 gift card to any store, what would you want it to be? (Nothing responsible allowed. Can’t be used for groceries or anything)
Target, because everytime I go in there (even if it's just to pick up one thing) I always end up spending at least $100. I have no idea how that happens.

4. What is your most (blog-friendly) embarrassing moment?
For the first college interview I went on I was so nervous that I unbuttoned my suit jacket... and then kept going without realizing it. I unbuttoned my shirt and flashed the admissions person. Luckily (one) she was a woman and (two) I was so flat chested there was nothing to see anyway. My 17 year old self was mortified.

5. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Bacon or Avocado. It's a toss up. Avocado is healthier for me so my life would be longer.

6. What was your favorite toy growing up?
My stuffed care bear- PJ. I slept with him until I was about 24. At that point I traded him fully in for warm fuzzy kitties.

7. Do you have a “go to” outfit? What is it?
I wear sweats almost all the time... seriously. It's really bad how lazy I am. Lately though my "go-to going out outfit" is this black dress I got at a store having a moving sale. Here's two pics of it:


With a sweater, beads, sash, etc over it.


Dinner on our honeymoon. You can kinda glimpse my gold shoes that I got on the clearance rack at DSW for like $10. They are Michael Kors and seriously are all gold (thus why they were on clearance). I call them my tranny shoes, but they are fun.

8. Who was the best teacher you ever had?
Most influental- my AP Biology teacher Mr. Keener (spelling I'm not sure of), he's who made me decide to major in Bio in college. Most patient- Mr. Kekonis (spelling? once again), our schools Calculus BC teacher who was willing to go over everything with me as many times as I needed. He was also like 100 years old back then and about a year ago I ran into him in a supermarket line... he remembered me. I was honestly surprised he was still alive.

9. If you could buy any car right now (something at least SORT OF within the realm of reality…so, you know, a Rolls Royce may not qualify), what would it be?
Some sort of SUV with a magical refilling gas tank. Oh wait, you said within the realm of reality... I just really want a bigger car. I'm not picky what. Currently I drive a 2 door hatchback Ford Focus.

10. How do you reckon that Chelsea comes up with 10 of these questions every week? It was hard! What’s your theory on how she’s so creative? Are you going to help her?
I have no idea, maybe she asks people like her husband for help? I think asking people to supply questions is a good idea. Group thinking is usually easier than one person coming up with 10 unique questions a week.

Read more here.

3 comments:

rootsandrings said...

Reading about everyone's irrational fears is making me paranoid...

thedailychelle said...

I definitely have the being attacked fear as well. Amazingly, I'm living alone for the first time ever and I thought I would be terrified but so far I'm not. Of course, I leave my blinds open at night (I'm in a tower so its not like creepers on the street can see me or anything) so there is just enough light in my apt that I can see everything. I tried to go to sleep last night with the blinds down and had to open one. As long as it's not pitch black I feel safe here :) (In a regular house, I have to have all windows covered at night though.. I don't like the idea of people being able to look in!)

I love your bacon/avocado toss up. I recently gave up meat so no bacon for me.. but I was at a dennys in vegas and they had a bacon/avocado breakfast burrito and I wanted it soooooo bad. Had I not been full at the time, I would have ordered it despite the meat thing :)

6p00e54ffac4fc8834 said...

You said you can't get out of Target w/out spending a hundred bucks...um, is your club taking new members? LOL. The VERY few times I've walked out of Target w/out purchasing anything (and trust me it doesn't happen often!), I've made it a point to either call/text/tell my husband! Target is the best! I'm dying to go today because I want some new Christmas wrapping paper but I've been trying to talk myself out of it since last night, so....yeah. We'll see what happens! :)

http://jillbarnett.typepad.com

Post a Comment