Monday, November 30, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 5

Happy December! How'd that happen?



1. What was the last concert you’ve been to?
Britney Spears. It was awe.some, which I am not at all ashamed to admit. I am going to try to go to Lady Gaga in January I think.

2. Is it easy to make you cry?
No. People don't make me cry. I only cry in two situations- 1) I'm overly tired or 2) I have PMS. Or some evil combination of the two together. When those occur, people may think they made me cry (if they actually witness it, which is unlikely) but if not for those things being true I never would have. I have an incredibly thick skin.

3. Do you ever feel like people underestimate you?
All the time. Two reasons. One, I'm blonde. Say what you will but people really do stereotype blondes as being dumb, I really don't get it. I've rarely met a dumb blonde. Two, I look extremely young. Especially for my job, so I always surprise people with knowing what I'm doing which is actually visible in their expression.

4. Name 7 completely random things that you like:
1. UFC- No, I'm not one of those girls who claims she likes it, I really do. I'd dazzle you with my random UFC fight knowledge.

2. Pickle flavored chips. On the package it says only kids and pregnant women like them, and I haven't found anyone else who does. But yum!

3. Vistaprint.com. I signed up while I was engaged because the ladies on the knot kept saying you could get really good deals, and you really can. I just ordered these adorable return address labels and got 140 of them for free.

No you didn't just hallucinate.... FREE. Well, I paid $3 shipping and handling, but still. They are so festive and cute.

4. Chadwicks.com. They are the only place that sell dresses that actually fit my strangely freakish long body without the skirts being way too short. And their clearance section has some crazy good deals. (I have a personal adversion to paying full price for anything and more than $30 for any article of clothing or shoe.)

5. Multicolored pens. I love them. Love. Them. I went to Staples and they had this bin where you just filled a plastic bag with different pens and then I brought them to work. It's amazing how much happiness they give me just by being able to write something in bright pink or orange during the dullness of my day.

6. White/blush wine. I used to hate wine. Despise it, actually. Then we met another couple on our honeymoon that we went to dinner with a few nights and she had a knack of picking out wines I actually really liked. Now that I know what to look for, my opinion has changed completely.

7. Calenders. I love calenders/planners. Just something about laying out my weeks in to do lists makes me feel so happy.

5. What’s your favorite reality TV show and why?
Oh, this one is so hard- reality shows are kind of like my crack. I guess maybe Top Chef? I also love Ghost Hunters, which is sorta reality in the sense that it's not scripted. Then there's the competitive cooking shows on the Food Network....

see what I mean?

6. What is your favorite hair care product?
I use nothing on my hair. No, I'm not joking. I'm rather hair retarded, so I decided awhile back that there's absolutely no point to even put in the time when it looks like poo when I'm done anyway. So now every single day I wash my hair, comb it out and put it up in a clip. Most of the time, I don't even use a hair dryer.

7. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
I just barely found my Ipod charger which had been missing for about a year so I'm reloving all my songs on there. My computer with Itunes on it died and since Itunes is stupid and you can't access your library from any other source, I lost all of them. This is one of many reasons I hate Ipods.

8. What’s the number one thing on your Christmas wishlist?
A Garmin. It's been the number one thing on my wishlist for every single holiday/birthday and still I do not have one. I am starting to think that Bill has something against Garmin.

9. Have you ever lost your cell phone?
Yep. Multiple times. Usually I find it, a couple times I've had people call me and tell me they have it. One reason it's so important to put an entry in your address book reading "Home" or "If lost call this number."

10. Did you attack the hordes of shoppers for Black Friday?
No. I never do. Both crowds and messy packed in stores give me panic attacks, so combining them seems like a bad idea.

Read more here.

3 comments:

rootsandrings said...

I only like some wines too. I wish I liked red... I'm trying. One day I'll get there. I taught myself to love beer and coffee, I can teach myself to like red wine!

Samantha said...

That address label is too cute! I really should have some made.

I hope you get a Garmin for Christmas. I really don't know what I'd do without mine... I'd probably have panic attacks every time I tried to drive somewhere new because I'm SO bad with directions!

thedailychelle said...

On the wine thing... it took me a long time to start liking any kind of wine and now I CRAVE it. I think I was the same as you... it took someone who knew how to pick good white wines (my boyfriend) to get me interested in wine and then I gradually started venturing into reds and now I seem to want red wine 98% of the time. Crazy.

And I LOVE Top Chef too! It's another one that I like to watch in marathons :)

Post a Comment