Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving planning...

Just finished making my grocery list and am now wondering how much I can do early... I always tend to bite off a bit more than I can (easily) chew.

I always do a "Pre-Thanksgiving" with my friends which we postponed until one of our friends was in town this year, so I'm hosting two thanksgivings in two days.

Here's the plan:

Thursday:

Appetizer
Onion dip and chips
Celery with pimento

Main Course
Roasted Turkey with Apple Cider Thyme Gravy

Sides
Herb and Apple stuffing
Rustic Mashed Potatoes with Chives
Candied Yams (no marshmellows)
Cranberry Sauce
Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and Almonds

Desserts
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie

Friday Additions

Appetizer
Spiced shrimp with cocktail sauce

Main
(vegetarian) Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne

1 comments:

6p00e54ffac4fc8834 said...

You know, I really like this idea, having a Thanksgiving with friends! In 06, 07, & 08, that is what we did but only because we lived a long plane ride away from all our family. Anyway, this year I really missed them (friends)! It doesn't take the place of family of course, but good friends are definitely something to be thankful for. I'm going to try to remember this for next year! :)

http://jillbarnett.typepad.com

Post a Comment