Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 7



1. If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
I'd either want my eyes to be bigger or my belly fat to magically disappear. Both are an annoyance.

2. Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?
Currently at the top of my list: when people say "to be honest..." I hate that. I always want to respond "because you weren't being honest before?" or "no, I was talking to you because I preferred for you to lie in all of your responses, no matter how mundane."

3. What is your favorite recipe using ground beef?
Burgers. I'm a simple girl.

4. What was your favorite book as a kid?
I'm not that sure really, I was more about reading as many books as I possibly could then reading books repeatedly. I tried to just read from one end of the library to the other a couple of summers but there are just too many poorly written and boring books out there.

5. Did you work as a teenager and if so, where?
When I was 15 I worked at a tourist t-shirt store in Old Town and at a cafe behind the counter. When I was 16 I started working at the Gap, where I worked for the next 7 years on and off.

6. Did you work while in college and if so, where?
I worked at Dairy Queen while physically at school, I did temp work during the days during breaks and at the Gap at nights.

7. When you go to sleep do you like total darkness or semi? When you go to sleep do you need quiet or is some noise ok?
If I'm alone I'm afraid of the dark, so I can't go to sleep without at least one light on. When someone else is around I sleep in the total dark. The quiet issue is complicated; for some reason at night I have super sonic hearing that I do not have during the day. I hear everything. Bill can't sleep without a fan on which provides some white noise and yet if a floor board creaks I hear it and promptly wake up. I spend half of the night thinking people are breaking in and about to murder us. I would probably benefit from sleeping pills but I'm afraid to take them because then you don't wake up if something happens. Yeah... I'm neurotic.

8. When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?
Not. Adds an unnecessary level of complication says me.

9. Open toed or closed toed shoes?
Depends on the season. Open toed in the summer, closed toed when it gets cold. Socks/pantyhose with open toed shoes looks horrid.

10. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Deaf. I think it would be easier to adapt.

11. Dangle or stud earrings?
Studs generally day to day because they look more professional. I like dangles when I go out. Especially super large dangles.

12. Bottled water or tap?
I don't really have a preference, water is water unless you are in Mexico or DC.

13. What do you put on pancakes?
Syrup.

14. On a long trip would you rather drive or fly?
Fly. I hate sitting still for anything more than 4.5 hours. That's the distance to Blacksburg from my current location and my absolute max for car trips. Unless there are extenuating circumstances. If I am the one driving that's the max I can do before my legs start feeling shin splinty and cramping up.

15. Do you prefer classic old movies or new?
Usually classic old. As in Bing Crosby, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy old.

Read more here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment