Friday, December 4, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday, Vol. 8



1. Had another dental appointment yesterday and according to my dentist I ask more questions then any patient he's ever had. Well, everyone has to have a niche. I did however learn that the reason it's harder to novacaine the bottom part of the mouth then the top is because the top's nerves are like braches. So they can just inject exactly where they want to. However, the bottom is like a tree trunk- beneath muscle. So they have to novacaine the entire area, which is why when you get novacaine on the bottom your lip and tongue will go numb in addition to your gums when on the top it usually doesn't do that. It's also why you have more injection site pain from novacaine application to the bottom, they are jabbing through muscle afterall. And let me tell you- I have some awesome levels of injection site pain. I also think that from the cleaning they got some bacteria in my throat because I'm developing a wicked sore throat and ear. It may just be coincidence though.

2. Last night Bill and I started tackling the horrorfest that is our basement. It's just so easy to pile stuff down there and forget about it. I found 3 boxes of completely unopened candle vases because I massively overbought decorations for the wedding. In some cases it wasn't my fault though- the way to get the low low prices is to buy from bulk places so it was actually cheaper to buy a ton then to buy a few. Not just cheaper each but cheaper total. I posted those three boxes on Craigslist and the Knot selling boards and already have 3 6 responses. (edit: got 3 more while typing this) Hopefully someone will take them.

3. When they asked for pictures I sent pics from the ones I used at the wedding since our photographer recently uploaded all our photos. Here's the two I was emailing out:




I had almost forgot how pretty the room looked. Not to toot my own horn (well maybe a little) but I did a really good job on the decorations. If you are wondering what the favors were- they were jars of homemade hot chocolate mix.

4. Here's another pic I liked:


It's myself and my bridesmaids in a group hug right after the ceremony. Or right before. Honestly the day was kinda a blur and I don't remember.

5. We had a great time at Post-Thanksgiving (the gathering of my friends for our own Thanksgiving apart from familial obligations). Not that you can tell from this picture which, as far as I can tell, was while we were playing Celebrity. These facial expressions are for two reasons 1) one of our friends is incredibly uber competitive at the game and yells at you for not being good enough, so we don't really like playing it and 2) I think the other team was going so we were bored and this was before we kept drinking to make the whole thing more enjoyable.



I'm on the left, if you are curious.

6. Since everyone else is talking about snow in their quick takes I'll jump on the bandwagon.



As you can see, not great chances for anything significant however just to even have the chance of cosmetic snow this early in the season is exciting! Nothing works better to get you in the Christmas mood, especially the day we are planning on decorating.

7. We have a busy weekend planned. Saturday we are getting up to head to Macys to finish buying the remaining stuff from our wedding registry, then over to Lowe's to get a Christmas tree and some outdoor lights. Then we're heading home to decorate and watch a ton of football. Sunday I have church and then Alaina and I are heading to AC Moore so I can return a few things and use the $10 store credit voucher I got from using my Rewards card (I bought a LOT during the wedding) to buy stuff to make a door wreath. Then we are headed to a nice dinner at Rustico to celebrate my mom's 68th birthday.

Read more Quick Takes here.

5 comments:

rootsandrings said...

It's snowing here in Houston. Crazy.

Great favor idea!! Something people will actually USE... imagine that!

talklesssaymore said...

@Chelsea- We thought so. I knew I wanted to do something edible because anything you buy with your wedding date on it has zero significance for your guests and they just throw it out eventually. Hot chocolate seemed like a good idea since it was October, nice fallish item. I also wanted to pair the jars with little bags of leaf shaped ginger cookies but I ran out of time.

Stephany said...

That photo with you and your bridesmaids is gorgeous! I love, love, love the color of their dresses!

6p00e54ffac4fc8834 said...

I actually DIDN'T blog about snow in my quick takes, because I didn't know there was any in the forecast! But I woke up to a little this morning...not enough to really "amount to anything" though.

I've also experienced sore throat after dental work/shots. I always thought it was because they made you keep your mouth open so long and my throat got too dry. That is probably a dumb explanation, but do you ever wake up with a sore throat and your husband is like "oh yeah you were really snoring last night!!" (hopefully you don't because it is embarrassing, and from what I can tell you're more a newlywed than I, hehe) Anyway that is how I explained that one away :)

Jill http://jillbarnett.typepad.com

talklesssaymore said...

@Stephany- thanks so much!

@Jill- hmm that may be true, or because I get laughing gas when I go in, maybe it's a side effect of that? Haha I can't say the snoring thing has ever happened to me, but then again I only snore when my nose is all stuffed up so most of the time that means my throat already hurts. So I wouldn't notice.

Post a Comment