Monday, December 7, 2009

Kim's Daybook for December 7th

For today...

Outside my window... there's snow on the ground. The snow we got last weekend was so strange, you could drive down the road and see areas that just got rain, just a little snow and lots of snow. Very spotty. At work we have snow, at home we have nothing. They are only 4.8 miles apart (according to google maps).

*Side note: to illustrate how bad the traffic is in our area, if you took 4.8 miles figuring the speed limit is on average 35mph and stoplights it should take me 10-15 minutes max to get there. It averages me 45 minutes. No, I'm not kidding. The record was 1 hour 15 minutes.

I am thinking... about my work schedule for Christmas. I have to turn it in to my boss soon.

I am thankful for... my friends. I think it would be hard to not have any type of support system. I've never dealt with that since I've lived in the same place my whole life and even when I went to college people I had known for years went to the same place.

I am wearing... a red sweater from Old Navy, black pants, black heels.

I am remembering... last Christmas.

I am going... to make my front door wreath tonight. Our local Michael's had a 60% off sale yesterday- I went a bit crazy.

I am currently reading... The Shack. I have a book club on it at church starting in January.

I am hoping... that the snow starting early this year bodes well for having a snowy winter.

On my mind... scheduling out a cleaning schedule. I keep trying to find one that works best with our schedules to keep the house cleaner in pieces, instead of us having to clean like mad when company comes over and letting it go other times.

Noticing that... it's really quiet in my hallway. I wonder where everyone is.

Pondering these words... "When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old."
-Lady Bird Johnson

From the kitchen...
Menu Plan this Week:
Monday
Pan Grilled Strip Steak with Horseradish sauce (epicurious)
Baked Potatoes

Tuesday
Spaghetti with sauce
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli (Food Network, Ina Garten)
Garlic Bread

Wednesday
Chili
Corn Bread Muffins

Thursday
Chipotle
Make gingerbread stuffs

Friday
Leftovers
Gingerbread party!

Saturday
Baked Mac and Cheese (Food Network, Alton Brown) with Chicken Strips
Peas (can)

Sunday
Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Salad

Around the house... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! The tree went up on Saturday, the lights for the front yard and the wreath for the door will be done this week.

One of my favorite things~ sweaters and boots. I love winter clothing!

From my picture journal...


Lea's new big bed. She doesn't fall over the sides of this one (because it's a dog bed... shhhh!)

Read more daybooks here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment