Last night Alaina and I went to the Britney Circus tour. It was in one word: awesome.
I am not ashamed to admit that.
Also, as someone who usually only goes to the Verizon Center for Wizards games, who are actually going for some record as the all time worst team... ever, seeing the place filled to absolute capacity was awe inspiring. As well as the noise level of the entire place of 20 something girls (with a spattering of gay men) chanting "Britney."
When I saw this picture my first thought was when did Perez Hilton become a stock trader? I was so confused. Then my second thought was wow, I just completely insulted this poor man. My third thought was I don't really feel that bad, after all he works on Wall Street.
001. Real name → Kimberly Alison Hunter
002. Nickname(s)→ Kim, Kimothy, Tumbleweed, Kimmy (by a select few)
004. Zodiac sign → Aries
005. Male or female → Female
006. Elementary → John Adams, McArthur and George Mason
007. Middle School → George Washington
008. High School → T.C. Williams
009. College – VA Tech... Go Hokies!
010. Hair color → Dark Blonde
011. Long or short → Shortish
012. Loud or Quiet → Both
013. Sweats or Jeans → Sweats
014. Phone or Camera → Phone
015. Health freak → Burger and fries, please
016. Drink or Smoke? → Drink a little
017. Do you have a crush on someone? Yep, bet you can't guess who
019. Piercings → two in each ear, belly button
020. Tattoos → no
023. First piercing → I was 12, then they grew back in so then I repierced them at 16 I think
024. First best friend → Claire, although there was a little British boy that was in Thailand with us with the embassy who actually was but I can't remember his name
025. First award → Science Fair award on my study of birds or an art award for my drawing of Garfield. I can't remember what was first.
026. First crush → Cooper I think his name was. I went to preschool with him and kissed him once. I'm sure he was thoroughly disgusted.
027. First pet → Meow the cat. She lived under our porch in Thailand and killed snakes in our yard
028. First big vacation → I think Disney World, the only other place we ever went was to see family in Utah
030. First big birthday → I had a pretty kickass bowling party when I was 8
031. Favorite Color – Dark Red
032. Favorite Physical Feature – My eyes
033. Favorite Movie – Princess Bride
034. Favorite Place – Anywhere near the ocean
035. Favorite Book – Anything by Jodi Pinoult
LOOKING FORWARD TO:
036. Upcoming Movie – I don't really care much
037. Upcoming Activity – My wedding
038. Something in April – My birthday I guess
039. Something in May – Warm weather and flipflops
040. Something in June – Beach
041. Mom – Nag
042. Dad – no comment
043. Step-parents- Don't have any
044. Siblings – not applicable
045. Best Friend – who I live with
046. Others deserving recognition- my friends are great... most of the time ;-)
048. Celebrity Crush – Seth Rogan
049. Eating → Ranch Pringles
050. Drinking → Wild Cherry Pepsi
052. I'm about to → Meet with a wedding vendor
053. Listening to → Nothing
054. Plans for tomorrow → Work
055. Waiting for → my raise
056. Wishing for – winning a magical lottery that I don't have to play but still win millions
057. Craving – nothing
058. Want kids? → Yep
059. Want to get married? → I better
060. Careers in mind → Something I can do from home and still contribute to the household bank accounts
62. Vehicle – Ford Focus golf cart
063. Pets- two kitties
064. Fame- prefer not to be
065. Plans- find a job that I'm happy with, get married, buy a house
066. Childrens' names – We'll see
067. Husband/wife – Husband
WHICH IS BETTER WITH GIRL/BOY?
068. Lips or eyes → eyes
070. Shorter or taller? → taller, othewise I slouch even more than normal
072. Romantic or spontaneous → romantic
073. Nice stomach or nice arms → arms
074. Sensitive or loud → loud
075. Hook-up or relationship → relationship
077. Trouble maker or hesitant --> neither one
078. Hair color – doesn't matter
079. Eye color – doesn't matter
HAVE YOU EVER:
080. Lost glasses/contacts → no, only sunglasses
081. Ran away from home → plenty
082. Hold a gun/knife for self-defense - nope
083. Killed somebody → No
084. Broken someone's heart → Yes, or so they claimed
085. Been arrested → No
086. Been convicted - No
087. Cried when someone died → No
088. Eaten something off the floor- I live by the 5 second rule
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
089. Yourself → Yes
090. Miracles → Yes
091. Love at first sight → Not really
092. Heaven → Yes
093. Santa Claus → I believe in the idea behind him
094. Sex on the first date → No
095. Kiss on the first date → No
096. Magic - No
097. Is there one person you want to be with right now → Yes
098. Are you seriously happy with where you are in life – Yes
099. Do you believe in God → Yes
For the past few months (since the new year) I have been going to yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday, at least when my schedule allows. Yoga and I previously had a hate/hate relationship in which I took it once in college; a time that happened to coincide with the worst inner ear infection I've ever had, and I almost passed out. I attributed it to the yoga at the time, in retrospect it is obvious that it was due to the vertigo issues my inner ear infection (diagnosed two days later) caused. Also, I kept giggling because there was chanting, ohming and a gong used. Not really my kind of thing.
At my gym I hate their fitness class schedule and setup, which is coincedentally the reason that I originally cancelled my membership after the year commitment was up. But then they kept sending letters with better and better deals until finally they offered 14 months for about $100 working out to $4 a month. No deal anywhere would be better than that, so I re-signed. For some odd reason Ballys offers the classes that I like and used to take when I was at my (post crew) fittest during the day-When no one but housewives and students can go-and at like 8:30 at night which well, no. So I don't really have that many options. Thus my returning to Yoga.
This time around there is no chanting, no gong-ing and most importantly no almost passing out. I feel it the next day but am not noticing any weight loss. I guess there are benefits though to getting marginally more flexible and in better health since without it I wasn't exercising at all. Now my membership is close to running out again, and once again they have offered me a deal that works out to about $6 a month which is way cheaper then I could get anywhere else. I know this, however I just really would like to find a gym that is 1) 24 hours and 2) has fitness classes you can sign up for in bundles (like 12 week packs) so you know that your class will only have a set number of people in it and you follow some sort of routine.
Why is that so impossible to find?
NOTE TO BALLYS: Your class structure is ridiculous. Way too many people show up, you don't know for sure that you'll actually get into a given class and it's impossible to kickbox with people packed into a small hot room like sardines. Please, please, please get some better setup. I have now been asking you this (simple, I would think) request for 6 years isn't it time you actually pay attention?
In college they had this 12 week setup. You would sign up for a fitness class package for a certain amount of money (the gym use was free) and then for classes such as step, it gave the instructors the opportunity to start with the easy step routines at the beginning of the 12 weeks and get more complex at the end. It was a much better idea.
So my license plate tags expired in February, I filled out the paperwork and paid for new stickers through the website. The end of Feb approached and I had no new stickers yet, so I call the Richmond DMV main office and inform them that I paid for stickers but I don't have them yet. They confirmed that my payment was received but they did not know where my stickers were, they don't track them. Give them a few more days, then go into my local DMV office and request them in person they said. Okay. If you know anything about me, you'll realize that asking me to go into the DMV is akin to asking me to climb Mount Everest. It's much more likely that I will sit around waiting for something to show up in the mail unless something kicked me in the butt. So one morning last week a nifty police officer went through our lot one night and wrote me a $65 ticket for having expired tags (thus providing my kick in the butt). That day I went into the DMV, stood in the very long line and got up to the counter. "Oh yes, you did pay but your stickers were held because the city of alexandria put a hold on your account." They what? I had not received a bill from them, I had no idea what that was for. So I call them from the DMV lobby and ask.
"You have a parking ticket that isn't paid."
"Umm... is that from THIS MORNING."
"Oh yeah, I see that it is. That's not what the hold is for...... hmmm... oh you have unpaid interest because your personal property tax payment was late."
"I can just pay it now, I never received a bill for that and I'm standing in the DMV now. I really don't want to get another ticket for expired tags."
"I'll just clear the hold, it's a small amount. Just mail it in when you get the bill."
Would you like to see what the amount is that cost me $65 in a ticket? I bet you do.
Wish granted ;-)
I would be more pissed off if it wasn't so damn funny.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
The actress. IMDB Streetcar named desire if you are confused.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
About a month ago. I was having a really bad day.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sure, I guess so. It's legible.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Of course, anyone who doesn't severly lacks a sense of humor IMO.
8.DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE?
No. I don't like heights (makes me dizzy) and I don't like the feeling of falling.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No. One pair of my sneakers don't tie at all. It's wonderful.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyebrows. Don't ask me why, I have a strange obsession with eyebrows.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I procrastinate way too much, and if I don't pay close attention to stop it I'm exceptionally lazy. I think the two go together so it counts as one.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Ummm... I doubt anyone will.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue jeans, brown sneakers.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of my space heater.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
One of those with glitter mixed in, any of the colors. I just like sparkley things.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Home cooking and the scent of straight out of the dryer laundry.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I stole this off a girls page on Facebook who was my best friend in 6th grade. We drifted apart in middle school though, as kids are apt to do.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football. College preferably. And MMA fighting.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
mashed potatoes and gravy.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
In the theatre or at home? Dirty Dancing at home (on demand's free movies are fun). He's Just Not that Into you in the theatre.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter if there's snow. Summer otherwise.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Two. "The Year of Living Biblically" for my women's group through my church and a Jodi Pinoult book, don't remember the name at the moment.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A river with a stone bridge over it at work. At home, a kitten in a hammock.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Ghost Hunters. Wed nights are ghost hunters night, I actually have to thank them because they are doing a lot to cure my fear of ghosts.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
Lea's soft snoring when she sleeps. The sound of crickets at night when you go to sleep out in the country. The sound of ocean waves hitting the shore.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
It's a tie.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Since I can remember? San Diego, CA. When I was too little to remember- Thailand.
I have been reading a couple of new blogs regarding snapshots of the economy in everyday lives. Portraits of an Economy set up by the brainchild of Girls Gone Child, and Faces of the Recession. There is no quicker way to truly appreciate your own job (even if it has it's drawbacks) then to read about other people's lives right now. I am so incredibly lucky that my job is secure for at minimum 4 years, by my calculations, and Bill's job will always be secure. I am lucky that neither of our employers froze raises this year, so he already got his and I will in April. I am lucky that we can afford going out to eat as much as we do since we never cook.
That's what makes me feel so silly when I start to complain about his work schedule, or about the people I work with, or the stress level of my job. It is also what has me resolving to be at work on time (timeliness is not my forte) from here on out. So that will be added to my resolution sidebar.
I have been incredibly productive in the last week or so. I've ordered a cake, picked out a bridemaid dress and sent it to the girls, fielded one of the most hilarious email strings I've ever had with said girlfriends regarding shoes, found some new photographers, found a possible new (and cheaper!) caterer, and mailed out the save the date magnets.
Please tell me when I became that girl, who measures productivity by how much of some silly weddingness she finished? When the fact that she got the raw materials for the invitations that premade cost $3000+ for only $200 makes her so giddily excited? Because I have to admit, I never thought she would be me. However, in my defense I do this with everything because I don't do anything half way. I jump head first, I will do it the best, I will have spreadsheets and folders and everything will be perfect- because that's just the way I am. Even if it involved the ultra annoying wedding industrial complex.
In other news, we are petsitting Lindsey's baby ferret Dini for the week. This should be... interesting.
As people may have noticed, I am no longer doing American Idol reviews. I have, in fact completely stopped watching the show. Last season I sporadically watched it if there were nothing on. This season I find I'd prefer to watch paint dry then watch it so I haven't. Not even 5 seconds. Not even links to You Tube. Nothing.
You know what I blame this on? Season 5 and the contestants therein. For the first time in my life, as most people know, I became a bit obsessed with the whole thing. The people on that season were incredibly "real" and nice and normal. Through them and hanging out with them, I learned way too much about the awful underbelly of the show. All the things they don't show, all the manipulation going on behind the scenes and in this case, knowing too much really does hurt you. I can't watch it anymore at all. To add insult to injury, having seen one of the contestants perform live a few times I realize how incredibly shafted he was- because he is a wonderful stage performer, he is incredibly talented and instead of helping him nurture that they shoved him into an easily labelled box and essentially cut off his creativity at the knees. He's still trying to climb out from under the awful "American Idol" label. I think it's fine for people like Jordan Sparks or the tool of all tools Chris Daughtry, but they aren't the ones I respect later anyway. And this all coming from someone who thinks Britney Spears rocks- so that should tell you something.
That's probably for the best anyway. Instead I get to learn cool facts from Ghost Hunters International about thousand year old plus castles, watch more Bravo reality tv, and have even begun turning the tv off and reading (novel concept te he) since I rediscovered the library.
1) Organize our office and basement
2) Go to bed earlier/get up for work on time
3) Create and follow a regular cleaning schedule
4) Sew one item of clothing from scratch
5) Settle into a workout schedule where I work out consistantly (at least) three days a week
6) Run two one 10Ks
7) Purge and create a workable wardrobe 8) Make the kitchen window curtains
9) Stop drinking soda
10) Finish the quilt I've been working on for years
11) Start a monthly dinner potluck club with the girls 12) Get my clothes altered so they fit correctly 13) Find a job in a smaller city
14) Take more photos
15) Eradicate 25% of my debt this year (including student loans)
16) Build up a savings account
17) To keep up with my email inbox so I don't blink and end up with 900 plus email messages 18) To concentrate on work at work, concentrate on home at home
19) Eat better portion sizes, better balanced meals
20) Start eating breakfast
21) Be better organized and on top of things at work
22) Take the time to read a book a month