Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Wed. Resolution Check In

I am determined to not let my resolutions go by the wayside this year so I think spot checking on progress would be a good way to keep me on track.

1) Organize our office and basement

I am not the best at organizing things; I never know how to get motivated, what is the most efficient way to go about it, and I'm always worried I'll throw out or donate something that we'll need and look for later. I am determined to change this because I hate disorder and not being able to find anything stresses me out (and I suspect stresses Bill out). I have signed up for the Organizing 101 online workshop over on the website simplify101.com which runs for 7 weeks and helps you out with organizing projects by splitting it up into manageable chunks. The workshop starts Jan. 21 and I'm excited!

2) Go to bed earlier/get up for work on time

I've been getting much better about this. I still am not making it at exactly 8, but at least I'm waking up in the mornings feeling rested and I make it in before 9 (which is the point people may actually start looking for you). I'll keep working on it.

5) Settle into a workout schedule where I work out consistently (at least) three days a week
6) Run two 10Ks


These are kind of going together. I found a beginner schedule to running a 5K and running a 10K (each is 8 weeks). I also signed up for a 10K at the end of March in Richmond with Alaina. Now, I just need to work on my efficiency at work so I get out on time and in the gym. Also, it would help if this bone deep cold would go away since it makes me want to just hibernate until it's over.

9) Stop drinking soda
I did not drink soda for one whole day. Then I fell off the wagon the next day. Baby steps. Also, question- is substituting once vice (soda) for another (coffee) okay? Coffee is healthier since I don't add sugar and I really struggle without the caffeine.

11) Start a monthly dinner potluck club with the girls
Sent out a schedule starting in Feb with locations and cuisines (we are doing a different type of cuisine each month to add some challenge and interest) through May. I will check this off once we actually kick off, because sometimes things don't happen as efficiently as they seem that they might.

14) Take more photos
Started out well by making sure I took my camera to the New Years Eve party and took photos.

18) To concentrate on work at work, concentrate on home at home
I switched out my desktop at work with a docking station for my laptop so it's easier for me to just leave it at work (but have the option to still take it with me). Thus I'm not tempted. We'll see how it goes.

21) Be better organized and on top of things at work
I have also added being happier and more present here at work. I got into a funk of annoyance and grumpiness by the end of the year and am determined to start of the year on a better foot. I cleaned out my office and organized filing so I'm on my way.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, I really like your resolutions. I think I could have written them all myself! I really like your potluck club idea, I would love to do that. I hope you'll blog about the simplify 101 workshop. I love aby garvey's blog and newsletters and have always been interested...i just always have something else standing in my way. Take more pictures is definitely a goal of mine this year :)

Kim said...

I definitely plan to blog about the workshop- and hopefully to show off my progress. :-)

Post a Comment