Thursday, January 28, 2010

Organization 101- Week 1

I am going to admit right now that I haven't fully completed the Week 1 materials and Week 2 started today. My plan of going to bed earlier and getting to work earlier have not worked out this week at all. At all, at all. So I've been at work later in the evenings and I'm exhausted so thus productivity= in the toilet.

The one thing I did to though is to start purging. It would be impossible to organize my house without getting rid of a lot of the extra stuff lying around. Goodwill came by this morning to pick up and they took out all the old dishes, my old glasses (for drinking, not eyes), some of our lower quality pans (that I used back when the only thing I ever cooked was Ramen), and two bags of clothes/purses. Keep in mind that when I say two bags I mean two big lawn sized trash bags. Yeah, I'm in awe as well... no wonder I always had so much laundry. The sad part about it is that the bulk of it doesn't fit anyway or I hate it and was just clinging to it like a security blanket for no logical reason at all.

So my closet is (mostly) cleaned out and my two dressers are completely cleared out of all stuff that I don't love. My purse collection has been lessened to only those that I love and will actually carry.

I think that's a good start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment