Thursday, March 18, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday, Vol. 14



1. While making Shepherd's Pie for St. Patty's Day dinner, I grated my pinky finger. By grated I mean that I was grating carrots and then I grated my finger exactly as you would grate food. In other words, it was not a nick. I know this sounds awesome, but you don't need to try it out I can tell you that it hurts. It hurts (and bleeds) like a motherf*cker. I don't use that word often, but if there was an occasion for it it's this one. Trust me.

2. You can actually see where the hole is and look down into the hole to see 3 different layers down to the whitish layer. Also, when you just have a hole in the side of your finger, it's really hard to get it to stop bleeding. We were just wrapping band-aids around as tight as we could and then redoing it when I bled all the way through that band-aid. I will not show you a picture because that's probably TMI nor do I want to destroy your friday like that.

3. Oh, last thing- it's quite unfortunate when you have a hole in your finger at the exact spot that your hand rests against the surface while writing. I am writing with this awkward pinky out angle which makes me look like a delusional dame who thinks she's at tea. All the time.

4. We watched the Hurt Locker last night and I have to say, I expected it to be a lot better. It was alright, I guess. Not Best Picture worthy, though it didn't have a whole lot of competition (see also: Avatar).

5. The weather has been beautiful lately! Spring has definitely sprung. My allergies are completely out of control, Claritin is barely keeping me breathing but can only do so much.

6. I am heading to Richmond, VA on Saturday to see Wicked. I'm really excited :-) This is the first of two weekends in a row I'll be in Richmond (next week Alaina and I are doing the 10K), so instead of staying overnight both times we are just driving down and back up in the same day this time around.

7. I spent a pretty penny on clothes a couple days ago but I really needed some summer wear that is slightly more attractive then my norm. I never realized quite how bad it all looked on me until I looked at my honeymoon pictures. Now I will own a real pair of shorts that doesn't look like I'm swimming in them, plus a few more warm weather staples. In the same shopping vein, I was invited to a baby shower and because I hate Babies R Us (ick! too many babies and their crying!) I ordered it online. Does that make me a baby grinch? ;-)

Read more Quick Takes here.

1 comments:

Angela said...

1. I've grated my finger before, but not quite as badly as you did! Grating is dangerous business!

2. It snowed here last night. It doesn't seem to be a lot, but just the fact that it even snowed at all is putting a damper on my mood.

3. I am so jealous that you're going to see Wicked!

4. You're not a baby Grinch! It's just ridiculously annoying listening to a multitude of babies crying all at once.

Post a Comment