Monday, March 1, 2010

March Resolution Check In

1) Organize our office and basement
I'd love to say I've started on this, but I haven't.

2) Go to bed earlier/get up for work on time
My new work schedule seems to be 9-5 instead of 8-4. But it's consistent so that's progress, now I'll concentrate on waking up earlier.

3) Create and follow a regular cleaning schedule
I've been through a couple that just haven't worked for me. I have a new one starting this week that may be better.

4) Sew one item of clothing from scratch
Not yet. I haven't even figured out how to work my sewing machine yet. Soon though!

5) Settle into a workout schedule where I work out consistantly (at least) three days a week
I've been going back and forth with this. I got into working out then it snowed... a lot. Then I wasn't feeling well. And then today I had everything to go but then realized I forgot shoes. *sigh*

6) Run two 10Ks
One coming up at the end of the month! Not sure how much of it Alaina and I will run, but we'll finish it. We're determined like that.

7) Purge and create a workable wardrobe
Definitely making progress. A ton of disliked, old and ill-fitting stuff has left the house. Was replaced with a few better pieces, but not so much that I end up back in the same pickle. Work in progress.

8) Make the kitchen window curtains
See above about not even figuring out how to work my machine yet.

9) Stop drinking soda
Nope.

10) Finish the quilt I've been working on for years
No.

11) Start a monthly dinner potluck club with the girls
First meeting happened, but I missed it because I was sick :-( March was scrapped due to scheduling issues so tbd in April!

12) Get my clothes altered so they fit correctly
Have 2 pairs of pants there now. Yay me!

13) Find a job in a smaller city
After the couple weeks I've had this seems even more pressing. Sigh!

14) Take more photos
So far so good.

15) Eradicate 25% of my debt this year (including student loans)
Making great progress. I also have an emergency fund started and have raised my credit scores more than 100 points since I last checked (like 8 months or so ago).

16) Build up a savings account
Check! Will keep going. It's kind of addictive.

17) To keep up with my email inbox so I don't blink and end up with 900 plus email messages
Have realized that the key to this is my brand new iPhone. When you can constantly check your email it keeps things under wraps, right now I'm working on getting my email cleaned out and properly filed and keep finding things from months ago that I totally never saw.

18) To concentrate on work at work, concentrate on home at home
Small steps. It's hard to create a hard divide, I've realized.

19) Eat better portion sizes, better balanced meals
My portion sizes are definitely getting more under control and as long as I stick to my meal plans and cook dinner instead of grabbing fast food, they are better balanced. I just need to stick to the meal plans better.

20) Start eating breakfast
Not at all. This requires me to get up earlier than the minimum amount of time for me to get ready and get to work.

21) Be better organized and on top of things at work
Definitely getting better about this. When I get frazzled I get stressed out and then everything goes to hell in a handbasket but I'm working on that too.

22) Take the time to read a book a month
Check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment