Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 12



1. Of your current hobbies, which would you choose to spend more time, money, and effort on? Why?
Cooking.

2. List the two other hobbies/habitual activities (not chores) besides the one listed above that you regularly do now and didn’t choose in question one.
Television watching, reading.

3. Why are you spending time on the above two hobbies/habitual activities at all if you really wanted to spend your time on the first one you chose? …or to put it another way, what are these two hobbies/habitual activities fullfilling that the first one doesn’t if you don’t want to put all your effort into the first hobby?
TV watching is a stress reliever to me, sometimes you just have to sit and do nothing. Reading is a form of escapism. I understand the purpose of this question but it's unrealistic, I think, to say that people should concentrate solely on the one thing that makes them happiest. It's kind of like when you like a song and then you listen to it on repeat for a week straight. You wouldn't like it so much anymore.

4. Read John 3:16 in the bible… In what way does this passage affect you? What are your feelings towards these words, positively or negatively?
It gives me hope that this world isn't the best it gets. It's also the core of my belief system and the reason I have zero fear of death.

5. M&M’s: nuts, no nuts, or peanut butter?
I don't like M&Ms, but the only ones I'll stick in my mouth at all are the peanut butter ones.

6. Putting away the feeling of pride being a bad thing; what secretly/openly are you proud about yourself?
My self-sufficiency.

7. Given one room in the house to do with what you want, not changing the actual size of the room and with all the money you would need, what would you do, and be specific? (this can range from bouncy floor,walls & ceilings; to hard wood floor with wood paneling and purple ceiling with a chair; to nothing)
My house has tiny rooms, so you can't really do much more then each room has in it already. I'd love a dream bathroom but there no room in the current space. So I'll focus on the kitchen. I'd replace the appliances, and install a dishwasher.

8. What’s the next movie you’re going to see? Not what you’d LIKE to GO see, but the next movie you realistically are going to watch.
We just went to a movie this past weekend and we don't go that often (they are expensive!) so nothing for a little bit. Unless you count Netflix.

9. Use the keyboard only and make your best smiley/funny/cool face –> like this! 8^)
B-D

10. What makes you cry? What makes you pray? What makes you laugh?
Stress and frustration make me cry, the safety and health of my family makes me pray and my husband and cats make me laugh.

Read more here.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

#2 - That's called The Law of Diminishing Returns... After a while, you don't get as much out of something you previously loved. Although in your case, I don't know that it completely applies. To some degree, yes. You'll get sick of cooking. But only devoting a slightly larger chunk of time to it won't effect you negatively.

You don't like M&M's???

Angela said...

I dream of the day that I have a big beautiful bathroom! I don't take baths at all, because I find my bathtub to be too small. Only showers for this girl!

Fuegita said...

I love your #3, so true!!

Kim said...

Chelsea- Nope, I don't like them at all. If I eat them without paying attention like in a cookie or a blizzard I actually want to spit them out but usually good decorum makes me not.

Angela- that's exactly my problem, plus our bathroom has those old glass shower sliding doors. One half is a mirror. It's awesome to sit on the toilet and have a mirror right in from of you let me tell ya.

Post a Comment