Monday, March 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 14



1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
Pediatrician. I went to college as Pre-Med but then decided that I was not the right type for medical school. For one, I was never going to be willing to study 20 hours a day and two, I didn't want to have to give up/delay having a family until I was through med school and residency and everything. Ironically I'm nearly the same age and have not started a family.

2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
The hardest adjustment for me was bill paying/organization. I am a bit naturally scatterbrained so I'd write out checks and forget to mail them, or not keep track of things well enough to realize that I never paid such and such bill that month. I'm just now pulling out of the bad credit hole that my first few years caused.

3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
1. I'm habitually late. I try not to be but I just can't ever seem to make it places on time. "Kim time" is about 15 minutes after the designated time.
2. I have a hard time making standing commitments. Like if you want to do something every Thursday or meet at the gym every day at a particular time, I'll last a week and then stop doing it.

That's pretty much it, I think if there was a whole list of things they didn't like about me (or anything major) then we wouldn't be friends.

4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
Background noise.

5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city? Yes, you have a choice
Since Bill's job is based around a specific building that is only here and my work is pretty much only based here, that's why. We really would love to move somewhere with a better cost of living and less urban, but anything we are interested in job wise tends to be major cities. Out of the options DC is the best, I would cut out my own eye before ever living in NYC.

6. Are you close to your parents?
No. My dad and I do not speak and though I call my mom once a day our relationship is essentially my feeling that I should do things rather then me wanting to spend time with her or talk to her. We just have never gotten along, nor do we have anything at all in common.

7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
I don't have a favorite book per se, but I love Jodi Pinoult and Mary Higgins Clark. The Lady of Shallot. This Fish Needs a Bicycle.

8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
I enjoy it.

9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
One day about 6 months ago I decided that I was going to start cooking. Up until that point, except for rare occasions, the extent of my cooking was heating up water to make ramen. Oh, and I didn't eat red meat or pork for 10 years. You however, would not be surprised that bacon was my gateway to being a meat eater again.

10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?
Sunny side up eggs, bacon, home fries. A turkey sandwich with horseradish and avocado. For dinner you could pick between steak and mashed potatoes or steamed crab legs and spiced shrimp. Vegetarians would not like my holiday, they'd have to fast.
No parade or greeting cards, eating is much more important.

Read more Ten on Tuesdays here.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Mmm....I love home fries! And bacon too, for that matter. I'm always telling Stephen that he needs to make me bacon, haha!

Chelsea said...

Bacon is a beautiful thing!

Post a Comment