Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 16



1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?

I would want to just go back to high school. I have some key things to tell myself back then, nothing that would have changed anything huge but I really wish I was a better student and concentrated on the right things.

2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
I love Halloween! My college roomate and I were a devil and an angel once with glitter dresses that we found on a clearance rack in like August. How's that for thinking ahead. I actually think I have a picture...

There you go!
We reused this costume a few times.

3. Do you like your name? If you weren’t called by your name, what would you want to be called?
Yeah, sure. When I was younger it was unique but as I got older there were more Kims and Kimberlys in the places that I went. I once worked in a 5 person office and two of us were Kims. I had to go by Kimberly because she was there first. But other than that, it's fine. I think it actually suits my personality pretty well because it's not overly feminine... and neither am I.

4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!
Simple Pan Fried Pork Chops from Pioneer Woman's website. My husband said hands down they were the best pork chops he's ever eaten in his life and that he could have eaten about 100 of them. His mom and aunt are really good cooks so I take that as a high compliment.

5. Look around – what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?
A wall calender with Gary Patterson cat pictures on it.

6. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Would you recommend it?
Shutter Island. I was underwhelmed but others really loved it so it's possible that I just missed something. Leo is quite scrumptious though.

7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
I did. Being raised by a single mother meant lots of activities in the summers to keep me busy. I went to day camps and overnight camps. It was really fun and the friendships you make, especially at overnight camps, can't be made anywhere else.

8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
Right now it's some sort of guitar noise thing that came with the phone. I find most ringtones annoying so I tend to keep it on vibrate all the time, but then leave my phone random places and end up missing everyone's calls. People started complaining. Now, I try to turn on a ring sound at least when I'm at home so there's actually a chance I'll answer.

9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
Ever? When I was a baby until about 3-4 I lived in Thailand and travelled all over the place. However, since I can remember- Cancun, Mexico.

10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
Yep, a guy I dated at the end of my senior year wrote a ton of poems about me, including one in the back of my yearbook that likened me to the Titanic. I guess I was sinking him? He was that brooding, angsty type. The thing is I was a senior, he was a junior, we had just started dating and then he told me to pick between him and my now best friend, because I "couldn't have both in my life." I was a 18 year old girl, of course my girlfriend won. That's just silly.

Read more here: rootsandrings.wordpress.com.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

love that you picked your best friend over a boy, girls need to stick together!

Fuegita said...

Good for you for picking your friend! He sounds controlling and that wouldn't have been good

Post a Comment