Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 19



1. If your name was a verb, what would “to Chelsea” mean? (Insert your own name though…)
Probably something really anal retentive like organizing a counter top while waiting in line to checkout at a store. Not that I've ever done that. Or maybe being overly blunt, I also do that a lot since I have an extremely low tolerance for BS.

2. What myth have you always wanted to prove or bust?
Whether or not you could actually get struck by lightening from talking on a cordless phone next to a window. I saw that once in some show about strange, random ways to die and it always seemed somehow wrong.

3. If you had the ability to get a message out to the entire world, what would you say?
Prejudice/intolerance shown to anybody in the name of "God" or "religion" is not okay just because your religious leader condones it. It's still ignorant.

4. I know you’ve answered a similar question before, but it’s been awhile. Please name your current top 10 blogs.
My daily blog reads (aside from Roots and Rings) are:

1. Capitol Hill Style
2. This Fish
3. Girl's Gone Child
4. Dooce
5. The Pioneer Woman
6. Craving the Cupcakes
7. 2 birds, 1 blog  **WARNING: rough language used on this blog, very funny if you are able to ignore that.**
8. Organizing Junkie
9. Baker's Dozen
10. Design Sponge

Thank goodness for Google Reader since this is just a tip of the iceberg on what I read daily!  Specifically I have 54 subscriptions, but not all of them update daily (and one is the crime feed for my county because I enjoy self inflicting mental torture).  I just wish you could comment directly from the reader and that more people posted their entire blog post into it.

5. Do you have a junk drawer?
Sort of.  We have a drawer in our end table next to our couch which is the catch all for old batteries, pens, matches, etc.  We had a real throw anything in there and let it fester drawer in our old apartment- now that space is called "our office."

6. Bottled water or tap?
Tap unless buying a bottle is just more convenient like at an amusement park or if you are running around.

7. As a kid, did you have a favorite Biblical story?
Noah's Ark. I loved animals so it was just the perfect story for my young self.

8. What is your favorite black and white movie?
Miracle on 34th street (original)

9. Aside from your engagement/wedding rings, what is your favorite piece of jewelry that you own? Does it have a story behind it?
I have a ruby necklace that came from the time we lived in Thailand. I'm wearing it in some of my baby pictures, then my high school graduation pictures and it still fits now.

10. What sports/activities do you hope your kids will be involved in? (Answer for both a boy and a girl)
Boy- Football
Girl- if we live near water, crew. Otherwise volleyball.

I'd love to be like anything they want to do is alright but seriously if my boy doesn't like football I'll cry.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Have you heard of the "Next" button for Google Reader? It's basically a bookmark that you add to your bookmarks bar, and when you click it, it takes you to the newest unread blog post (from blogs you've added to your reader). It takes you directly to their blog! Way better than reading blogs in a plain reader. I love it so much.

In Google Reader, under settings, click on Reader Settings. Click on Goodies. Scroll down to "Put Reader in Bookmark" and follow the directions there.
(If that made no sense, just Google for better directions.)

deiala said...

Your no. 3 is so true...

Late Happy Tuesday!

talklesssaymore said...

Angela- No I hadn't heard of that button, thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment