Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 20



1. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house?

The basement couch. When we moved in to our current home, we refused to move the broken, old, debilitated couch that we had one more time so that went into the dumpster. Instead we got new ones, one for the living room (it's red) and one for the basement guy den (tan). I actually like the couch in the basement so much more then the one upstairs- its a huge sectional with plenty of room for two people to lie on at the same time, but it doesn't fit upstairs.

2. If it was raining so hard on a Saturday that you couldn’t leave your house, what would you spend the day doing?

Probably watching whatever mind numbing marathon was on- Law and Order, America's Next Top Model, whatever Bravo is airing... this past weekend it was a show called Jerseylicious. What is it about Jersey lately?

3. What was your favorite candy as a child?

Pixie Sticks. Candy was completely unallowed in our house (along with all sugary foods) so I hid them in the battery compartment of my boom box. I don't really know if I actually liked Pixie Sticks that much or if they were just the perfect size to fit and the quickest way to injest as much sugar as humanly possible in a short amount of time .

4. Did you get an allowance? What was it based on? What did you do with it?

Ha, no. When I was 15 my mother declared she was no longer even buying me clothes so it was up to me to get a job. Her idea was that an allowance was like paying children to do stuff around the house that they should do anyway. While on one level I agree with that, I think that unless your kid wants really expensive stuff or a car forcing them to work while in high school for bare necessities is adding unnecessary stress to their lives.

A couple that I used to know dealt with their teenagers this way: their primary jobs were to be students. As long as their grades stayed up, their priorities were straight, etc they would give them money (within reason) when they needed it such as going to the movies or things like that. They were also allowed to borrow the family car for approved outings. They could babysit to save up for extras as long as it did not impact their grades. That method makes a lot more sense to me.

5. Do you have a favorite Etsy store?

Not really, I love to look at the stuff on Etsy but I rarely buy anything. I know that homemade is better but Walmart and Target are cheaper. *bad Kim* I AM currently considering buying one or two of these headbands though:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Precocious?ga_search_query=precocious&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

I've been on a constant search for comfortable headbands that stay on. I'm waffling due to the $10 each price tag.

6. Do you prefer time with family or time with friends?

I personally don't have a lot of family- it was just me and my mom so my friends became my family. My husband's family is great though, I'd love to spend more time with them but they live too far away.

7. Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, or Animaniacs?

Animaniacs with Tiny Toons coming in a close second.

8. Best daytime talk show: Oprah, Ellen, The Doctors, Tyra (ha!), Dr. Oz, or Dr. Phil?

None. The only daytime talk shows I find even mildly entertaining are the ones like "he fathered 5 babies that were born all the same day! and then he says none of them are his!!!!"

9. Would you rather have the power of invisibility or the ability to fly?

Invisibility. I'm nosey.

10. Name 1 thing you love about being an adult.

Being able to eat ice cream whenever I want.
 
Read more Ten on Tuesday here.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I absolutely adore Etsy, but sometimes it's hard actually going through with the purchase because you have to add on the cost of shipping! I think you should definitely give one of the headbands a try, finding ones that don't hurt are always difficult.

Fuegita said...

I love the shows like that! "This is the 20th time LaFonda is here to see who the daddy of her baby is.....Sean you are NOT the father ahhhhhhh" *ahem* sorry.

Post a Comment