Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chickens!


"I want to get chickens."

"Yeah okay."

"Really? Look it's a hen house that we plop down in our yard, don't have to build and when we move we can take the chickens with us."

"You hate birds." (It's true, I do.  I love all of god's animal creatures except for birds which I hate.  I blame my mother and her continually referring to our parakeet as my sister.)

"But we could get our eggs from them.  I'd go out and play with them, talk to them, sing to them.  Happy chickens make yummy eggs!"

"No."

*sigh*

3 comments:

Angela said...

There was talk of letting people in Calgary have chickens in their backyards, but I think that got shot down pretty quick. Is it legal where you live?
P.S. I'd actually do it so I could have fresh eggs for baking!

talklesssaymore said...

I haven't checked out actual neighborhood but a lot of places in the US are legal for chickens.

That's my thought, it would be so handy to have fresh eggs every day. Have you seen a side by side comparison of backyard chicken eggs and factory farm eggs? Amazing, the difference in quality.

Angela said...

I've never seen a comparison! I definitely need to look it up right now.

Post a Comment