Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 21


1. What does your car say about you? If you don’t have a car, what kind of car would be your daily driver?

My car says "efficient with no frills" which translates to when I originally bought it I had a complete lack of savings nor any extra cash per month so I bought something with the minimum amount of automatic features because I heard that they break more often. I think this is actually true because I've only had two repairs in about 5 years; one was due to someone hitting (and running) into the back of my car in my office parking lot due to ice- they bent the frame, exhaust area which was $1000 fix *ouch!* and the second was due most likely to my hitting a pot hole at too high of a speed and pulling off something on the fuel line. In my defense, we had so many potholes after the winter of doom it was impossible to miss all of them and some were deep enough to swim in.

2. To this point, what has been your purpose on this planet?
Sometimes it feels like my sole purpose is to work. I've been working since I was 15, and from 15- 27 I almost always had two jobs.   Not going to lie- I'm kind of tired... already... and I still have at least 35 more years until I can retire.

3. If you could trade places with any person for any amount of time, who would it be?
Every summer I wish that I could work remotely all the time so I could take walks by the river during lunch or just even move to the beach for 3 months and work from there. I'd like to trade places with anyone who gets to do that.

4. What is your favorite kind of cake? If you don’t like cake, what is it about it that you don’t like?
I'm one of those who isn't a huge fan of cake. It's just too sugary and I hate most icing. Also, all too often the cake is dry. However, I did like our wedding cake more than I normally like cake and that's because we had buttercream frosting and it was a light, fruit filled cake which was a great deal less sweet then normal.

5. Would you have wanted to live in your parents’, grandparents’ or great-grandparents’ generation or only your own?
There are benefits to each one I think and also negatives. The only thing I don't like about our current generation is how plugged in we all are all the time. I think we've lost the art of quiet time since we are all constantly multitasking and people expect to be able to get a hold of us 24/7.

6. Do you have any home remedies for illnesses, cleaning or otherwise?
To get stubborn mold out of grout, use a bleach pen. Not too original but it's all I have. Also, if you are getting a cold take a lot of vitamin C, but most people do that.

7. What is your ideal weather situation?
80, Sunny with a slight breeze. What can I say? I like it hot.

8. What is your best attribute (physical or personal)?
Physical- My eyes.

Personal- I'm dependable. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it unless I have a darn good reason not to and then I'll still fret about it.

Like last Sunday, Alaina and I go walk 3 miles by the river before church and accidentally locked my keys in the car. We had to send her bf to church to do the stuff she normally does and to tell the band I wouldn't be there, but I really worried about it and felt horrible for not being able to make it because I specifically told them I would be there that week. Obviously I had a good reason why not (we had to wait for a locksmith to find us in a random parking lot on the side of the road) to get my car open but still, felt like I let them down. I guarantee the band probably didn't give it more than 5 seconds of thought.

9. Do you text or surf while driving?
Rarely. I talk a lot on the phone while driving since I have the attention span of a gnat (thus can't do only one thing at a time) but I draw a line at texting or checking email or surfing or anything of that sort. It's just way, way too distracting.

10. How long have you known your best friend?
Known her for 17 years, been friends with her for 13. We went to the same middle school but didn't really run in the same circles so we knew of each other but never really befriended until we were in band together in high school.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am the EXACT same way about dependablity. It's almost a fault though because you endup overcommiting because you can't say no. But one of my pet peeves is when people are flaky or late. UGH!

Anonymous said...

my favorite posts are the ones in which i am mentioned! i got TWO mentions this time!

the blowhole spouter from Kansas said...

Hey there!
It's someone from the prairie. I had a tip about your twitter and found your blog. I'm sorry I haven't been around. You are such a plus and an asset.

We have some things in common although I never did a 10k - only 5k's. I work in an office, too, as you may have been able to tell. Always awesome to meet another prairie dog! (have you ever heard that term? It comes from working in cubicles, although you may not work in a cube. I do. Although I can't see over some of my cube walls either, LOL)

Sorry to chat on so. I just wanted to say hi to you!!

Kim said...

Welcome prairiegirl :-)

*waves*

Post a Comment