Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 22


1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?

It's a toss up between The Neverending Story and The Labyrinth. Both= Awesome.

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
I have a couple. I'm late a lot because I always underestimate how much time it will take me to get from A to B. I bite my nails which is gross. I'm very addicted to caffeine. All three I'm constantly working on.

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Jerk, Weak... look at that I only needed 2.

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
Claire probably. I wished I were like Allison because she was interesting weird but really, I wasn't interesting weird. I was a goody two shoes who sometimes tried to be weird.

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
One Week- Bare Naked Ladies
Wanted Dead or Alive- Bon Jovi
Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns and Roses

I also know all the lyrics to a lot of Christian rock and pop songs because I sing in the band in my church and after you sing a song so many times it's kinda hammered in your brain.

6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
Truthfully- I rarely make pancakes. 1) I don't really like them 2) Bill usually makes breakfast in our house. If left to my own devices I never eat breakfast foods unless we go out to brunch or something.

When they are made though? From a box. A box that I think expired a year ago because it takes us that long to go through one small box of Bisquick.

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
The 3 days I worked at Subway. Two words sum up why it was so horrible- the smell. Just think of how Subway smells when you walk in. Now imagine you work there... and when they are first training you, your job is essentially just cutting up all the veggies. So my hands perma smelled of onions and the rest of me smelled like that disgusting mixture of cleaning solution and sandwich meat. There weren't enough showers in the world to wash that off.

I never even went back for the paycheck. Luckily for me I got hired at the Dairy Queen two weeks later which was hands down the best job I've ever had.

8. What was your favorite class in high school?
AP Biology. Our teacher was really good, he even won a Presidential Award for Teaching and had like a 90% track record of his students getting a 4 or 5 on the exam. I got a 5. Just FYI ;-)

9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
I honestly can't think of one. Most of my guilty pleasures last all year round. Ice Cream I'll eat in a blizzard, chick lit I'll read anytime and lying around and being lazy is synonymous with weekend in my house.

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
Meal planning. The amount of money eaten up (ha! puns are fun!) by eating out, take out, fast food, and buying lunches adds up very very quickly. When I'm good at the follow through with meal planning we save a ton of money, sometimes I get lazy though and the Chipotle app is just so easy.

I'm intrigued by the cash envelope method of budgeting. I may try it in the very near future. It's just too easy to swipe without thinking about it.

4 comments:

jen said...

i had the same issue when i worked at KFC, it didnt really bother me, but i used my dads car to drive to work and he couldnt STAND the smell, well that smell and mixed in with horse smell from all the time i spent riding...perhaps he had a point...

Debbie said...

LOVE your 5 songs! I totally forgot about Bon Jovi's stuff. Classic.

and I despise that subway smell. i hate smelling like food when you leave somewhere. you cant even go in, order and be out in 5 minutes without smelling like dough for the next 12 hours. blech!

Stacie said...

Is that Subway smell on purpose?? I mean, do they manufacture their food so that the stench of it stays with you until the top layer of skin flakes off? YUCK!!

Chelsea said...

Stop biting your fingernails! Do you have any idea how much bacteria is under there??? (I don't either... but I'm sure there is at least some!)

I love me some DQ!

Post a Comment