1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging?
Strong, with enough milk to make it a tan color. Sometimes I'll add a half packet of Splenda.
Splurging? Lately I've been obsessed with the Mocha Iced Coffee at 7-11. It's so much cheaper than Starbucks and tasty. It's not a splurge due to price, it's a splurge due to calories. A small has 140 calories in it, and who can have just a small?!?
2. What is your genre of books to read?
Fiction. I love escapist books that don't require a lot of thinking. Thus a lot of chick lit, Jodi Pinoult and light hearted mysteries. Reading is an indulgence, I'm not going to make it seem like work.
3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
Somewhere near a beach where I can see/hear the water. Hurricane evacuations are totally worth it.
4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
Probably music or a random biology topic.
5. What word describes you best?
Hard working. I rarely do anything half heartedly regardless of what it is.
6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
We are going to try to go on vacation somewhere fun in October for our first anniversary. We don't get to spend a ton of time just relaxing and having fun so that's always a treat.
7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
I can heatedly argue with the best of them, but I generally avoid. Two reasons for that: 1) I married into a family with opposite political beliefs then my own so it keeps the peace and 2) sometimes things like that can destroy otherwise great friendships. Why risk it?
8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
4 free hours to the day. If we added an extra day to the week I'm sure my company would just make me work it. No thanks.
9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
Why create one when there's a perfect one already in existence? Maroon and orange, hoke bird.
10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
Biology or math.
1) Organize our office and basement
2) Go to bed earlier/get up for work on time
3) Create and follow a regular cleaning schedule
4) Sew one item of clothing from scratch
5) Settle into a workout schedule where I work out consistantly (at least) three days a week
6) Run two one 10Ks
7) Purge and create a workable wardrobe 8) Make the kitchen window curtains
9) Stop drinking soda
10) Finish the quilt I've been working on for years
11) Start a monthly dinner potluck club with the girls 12) Get my clothes altered so they fit correctly 13) Find a job in a smaller city
14) Take more photos
15) Eradicate 25% of my debt this year (including student loans)
16) Build up a savings account
17) To keep up with my email inbox so I don't blink and end up with 900 plus email messages 18) To concentrate on work at work, concentrate on home at home
19) Eat better portion sizes, better balanced meals
20) Start eating breakfast
21) Be better organized and on top of things at work
22) Take the time to read a book a month