Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, Vol. 24

1. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
Battlefield Earth, hands down.

Coming in second is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time which if you are my twitter friend you've heard my thoughts on before. If you aren't my twitter friend? Why not? Click my link on the right.

2. Do you have a favorite Disney/Pixar film?
Finding Nemo.

3. Do you have a favorite movie from the 80′s?
The Breakfast Club.

4. Are there any movies you saw more than once in the theater?
I saw Ever After 4 times in 3 days. In the theater. Purely because that was back when I was living in my mom's house and I would never say no to anything people asked me to do. I was that desperate to be out of the house as much as possible.

Also, back in my dating days I saw quite a few of the popular movies twice because I would date a few guys at the same time and they would both would want to see the same movie. (Disclaimer: I would not be serious with more than one guy at the same time or anything, I mean like early stage casual we're hanging out trying to figure out how much we actually like the other.)

5. What is one city/area of the US (or country you live if you do not live in the US) that you have not seen but would like to see?
I would love to see Texas. I know so many people who live there or used to live there and I've never seen any part of the state except for the San Antonio airport. It is a common stop for Utah bound persons to get stuck while travelling in the winter and SLC is delayed or closed due to snow.
6. What are your favorite toppings on an Ice Cream Sundae?
Hot fudge and bananas.

7. How many proms did you go to? What color was your prom dress? If you went to multiple proms, what color was your favorite prom dress?
Two, one junior year with my best guy friend and one senior year with my on again, off again high school boyfriend. I think my senior year one was the best because it was a princess dress.  It was just fun to wear.
It was a light blue color.  You can't really tell in the picture.

8. Is there a sport or extra-curricular activity that you didn’t get to try as a child that you wish you would have? (e.g. gymnastics, piano lessons, ballet, etc.)
I loved gymnastics and always, always wanted to do it. All my friends took gymnastics, but for two reasons I never could. 1) there was no where to take them that was on a bus line and we didn't have a car and 2) my mom was neurotic and determined I'd hurt myself.
I went through a phase as a kid when I told everyone that I was a gymnast training for the Olympics. I was a big old liar, liar.
9. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
Zero. I have two stepsisters but I was a big snot to them back when one was really trying to befriend me. Now I regret it because family is important and you can never have too much of it but I wouldn't even know where to start trying to find them.
Actually, technically I have three stepsisters but the first one is so much older than the rest of us that it would never have been practical for any of the three of us to be close to her. she came to a bday party of mine when I was like 8 I think. She was married with a kid who was barely younger than me. See what I mean?
If I count all of us (from my dad's three marriages) I'm the second to youngest. The oldest is by far the winner, then the bottom three of us are all within 5 years of each other.

10. Do you feel like you fit in with your age group? Or do you feel younger/older than your age group?
I've always been older than my age group, I think that comes with the territory of being an only child. You spend a lot of time around adults. It also comes from growing up with my mother who didn't really believe in childhood- once you were technically capable of taking care of yourself, you did. I was responsible for myself before/after school starting at 8. I got myself around on buses by myself when I was 10. I was completely paying for my own clothes/spending money/school stuff by 15. Funny enough though, my mother consistently tells people that I was an irresponsible teenager who put too much on her and didn't help her enough. She just isn't the most "maternal" person I've ever known, it was just easier for her to always think of me as a mini adult that lived in her house. The only area of my life that I have ever been immature about was relationships with others in my peer group and guys.

True story: Once I applied for a job and they called my old place of employment for a reference and asked if my age hampered my job at all, like if I would go out all the time or be focused on things other than work. Their response "if you weren't looking at her you would have no idea that she's as young as she is." Which is true.

Sometimes I feel as old as dirt.

1 comments:

deiala said...

I did enjoy Finding Nemo, though I'm not a big fan of animated movies...

Post a Comment