Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Party excuses

Someone over on my other site (if you haven't visited yet, why not?  Go now! Go!) requested that I do a blog post on our excuses to have parties.  Here are the ones so far:
  • Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • 4th of July
  • Beginning of Summer
  • End of Summer
  • Misc BBQs thrown in during the warmer months
  • Come Sit on our Deck
  • "Pre-Thanksgiving"
  • Gingerbread
  • Christmas (with White Elephant Gift exchange)
  • New Year's Eve
  • Halloween
  • Super Bowl
  • March Birthdays
  • April Birthdays
  • June Birthdays
  • Melanie's Birthday (she's the only one with her own month)
  • Dinner club- a theme potluck night once a month for just the girls. Ones we've done so far: Fondue night, Indian, Mediterranean, Mexican. Next up is Chinese
It generally works out that we have a party of some sort every 2 or 3 weeks.  In our area it's really pricey to go out, so it's just more fun and a ton easier to just go to someone's house.
I would love to do theme parties where people dress up or like a murder mystery thing but my friends have nixed that idea over and over.  Boo! I love costumes and I love dressing up.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I wish I had more awesome friends. They're not into getting together for parties all that often. I'd do one almost every week if I could :)

Post a Comment