Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, August 3rd

1. What is your current favorite television show?
Current as in showing new episodes right now? Havoc on the Sci Fi channel. Check it out on Hulu, it's entertaining.

During regular programming my favorite is Glee, hands down. They are doing a Britney Spears episode this season which has me in fits of excitement.

2. Apple juice or orange juice?
Apple. I'm allergic to orange, I think. Or am sensitive to it. At risk of oversharing, if I drink more than a minimal amount of orange juice I vomit within 15 minutes. Even if it's mixed into something else. Damn you tequila sunrises! I just can't digest it.

3. It’s Shark Week on Discover Channel. Do you watch? Why or why not?
No. I've just never been interested in sharks.

4. What are the non-blog websites that you visit regularly?
Washington Post, Cooking Light, Faith and Family Live!, Facebook, Twitter.

5. What is your favorite way to prepare green beans? Asparagus? Potatoes? Carrots?
Green Beans and Asparagus with salt, pepper an a bit of olive oil. Stick in oven at 450 degrees and roast about 10 minutes.

Potatoes, roasted with whole heads of garlic a la Pioneer Women.

Carrots- raw, dipped in ranch or hummus. I hate cooked carrots, the texture just seems off.

6. What is your favorite flower?
I'm allergic to flowers so my favorite is silk. Or a picture of a flower taken somewhere far, far away.

7. How do you feel about handkerchiefs?
They seem germy and gross to me. As someone who does all the laundry in my house, I wouldn't like having to wash them. I can barely handle picking up used kleenex.

8. If you could only shop at 3 stores for the rest of your life, what would they be? (You probably should include a grocery store.)
Target
Giant Food
JC Penney

I think that covers all the neccessities; food, clothing, pet stuff, furniture, cookware, etc.

9. If you could only use wine for one purpose for the rest of your life, which would you choose? To cook with or to drink?
Drink. Just use chicken broth for white wine or cranberry juice for red.

10. What’s your bedtime?
I am trying to get better about that. currently it's approx 30 minutes after Bill finally shows up at home which is anywhere between 10-12:30am some days.

It should be no later than 10-11pm to get a full 8 hours of sleep before I should wake up in the morning.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I've never roasted my green beans but I think I may try it. Green beans are our veggie of choice so it would be nice to try them a new way!

Debbie said...

I've never heard of anyone being allergic to orange juice. What a bummer!

Joy said...

Thank you for commenting, as for napping, since I've hit my third trimester I needed to more and more.

Wow allergies to OJ and flowers, sympathy!

Mangosteen Juice said...

Whoa, I met nobody who was allergic to oranges. My personal suggestion is that you should eat every fruit in some quantity. Every fruit has health benefits of their own.

Regards,
Lucas Moore

Post a Comment