Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, It's Almost October!


1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I had a care bear (nighttime bear, with the moon and stars on his belly) I named PJ that I carried everywhere and slept with every night.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
Now that I have an Iphone it's probably that.  I used to be really lazy about cell phones and mine was either dead or left somewhere all the time, but Iphone's have games ;-) and the internetz!

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?

The shower.  It's perfect since I love extreme warmth and the sound of the water is soothing.  I do my best thinking in there.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
He's funny and can always make me laugh even if I'm in a horrible mood.

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
I love the actual job function.  I like numbers.  It's the extra stuff around the job itself that I don't really enjoy all the time.  That's why I'd love to just do it from home.  That way I keep the actual job and scrap the rest of it.

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
Seriously the only things (that stuck anyway) my mom would lecture about were 1) sex, as in you do it and you'll go to hell and 2) "don't trust anybody except yourself, everyone else will disappoint you"

I think both did more harm then good honestly.  Who wants to raise a kid who's completely petrified/hung up about sex and has massive trust issues?  After all that kid/teenager will eventually become an adult.  I think honestly she just thought about the moment with the sex thing and was trying to terrify me into listening to her and the other thing was her own issues she was passing down.  So no, neither is something I'd teach my kids.
At least not that way.

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
I have a few of those.  I love Sweet Home Alabama and Walking in Memphis, both never fail to make me happy and I start singing along.  I also really love All Summer Long by Kid Rock and Hot and Cold by Katy Perry.

8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
The freedom to criticize whatever/whomever we want without getting thrown in jail for treason.  Alaina and I were talking last night about how it's nice that we can eat cheese without being terrified that it will kill us.  As in food is regulated enough that generally you don't have to worry much.  Unlike cheese in, say, France.  While yummy it can be dangerous.  My cousin got an illness (parasite maybe?) from it that was really, really bad.

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Boxed macaroni and cheese.  Honestly, what kids didn't eat that by the truckful?

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
Some people think I'm funny.  I will always be there for you and help you with anything you may need.  I'm also really loyal and put in the work to maintain friendships.  I'm not one of those girls who ditches all her friends anytime something more interesting comes along.  I've had my friends for 12+ years and I'll have them from 12+ more no matter what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment