Monday, October 25, 2010

30 Days of Me, Day #2

Many apologies, I had a migraine and was down for the count Thursday and Friday.

Day 02- The meaning behind your Blog name
As anyone who actually attempts to follow my blog, you'll realize I'm not the best at writing consistently.  I originally started blogging in 2002 and was a great deal more frequent, honest, open, etc.  I was also going through a lot of changes in my life and I got really tired of anyone reading my blog thinking that I was clinically depressed and feeling the need to talk to me about it.  So I stopped writing about my feelings.  Then people started trying to give me needless advice such as getting career counselling (I graduated right after Sept 11, so sue me if I didn't jump straight into a stable career.  Not surprisingly, there wasn't a whole lot of options out there) so I stopped talking about most things in my life.  Then people started trying to read between the lines to figure out what was going on in my life like I had some uber secret underbelly, and that annoyed me.  The editing of myself continued.  Last, I had a little stalker issue for a bit and I completely shut down the old blog and disappeared out of safety concerns.

The problem with this, is when you start editing so much there really isn't too much left to write about.  So I had two other blog areas that stopped and started a couple times and were so freaking boring I wanted to gouge my own eyes out reading them, so I restarted with this one thinking I may have new stuff to talk about through the wedding and first few years of marriage.  "Talk Less, Say More" was the idea that you don't have to write everyday and minimize substance.  It's also a line from one of my favorite quotes:
Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours.
I love that quote because I think truer words have never been spoken.  When you focus on the negatives in life, negative things will only come out of it.  If only because you are incapable of seeing the good and how is that truly living?

1 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, your early blogging days were certainly exciting, weren't they? Hopefully you don't have to deal with that again!

Post a Comment